Recipe by mollypaul
A beautiful presentation of your summer garden's bounty. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time is approximate.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 1⁄2 cups peas
- 4 ears corn, husked and cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, more to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Leave cauliflower heads whole with some of the green leaves around them.
- Cook vegetables separately in boiling, salted water.
- Drain very well, season with salt, pepper and butter.
- Arrange attractively on a hot platter, sprinkle cauliflower with a little paprika and place a generous piece of butter on each vegetable.