Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a terrific summer lunch! You can add other stuff to the filling like ham, chicken, turkey, shrimp, crab or hard-boiled eggs. This recipe comes from 'Sunset Quick Meals from Fresh Foods'. Serve this with potato chips.
- 2 cups lightly packed shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion, including tops
- 1 tomatoes, halved crosswise,seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted,peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons tomato based chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3 pita breads, halved
- In a bowl, combne lettuce, carrot, cheese, onions, tomato and avocado.
- In a cup, stir together mayo, chile sauce and relish.
- Pour mayo mixture over vegetables and toss gently to blend.
- Fill pita bread halves evenly with vegetable mixture, packing gently.