Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are wonderful and quick to make.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely shredded or grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease or paper line 12 (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl; cut in cream cheese until coarse crumbs from.
- Combine milk, carrots, green onions, oil, and egg in small bowl until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon evenly into muffin pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
These were quite moist inside but the flavour of the veggies was barely discernible. I recommend coarser grating & suggest checking them after 20 minutes in the oven. Thanx Recipe Fairy!