1/1 Photo of Garden Vegetable Lentil Salad
Healthy Vegetarian Salad. Perfect for using up your garden veggies. From Plan B Organic Farm. Recipe must be chilled for atleast over night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml cooked lentils
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml fresh peas
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59-1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml fresh mint or 118.29 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Place lentils in a large salad bowl.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan set over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and garlic. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeño, pepper and peas. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to lentils.
- 3In a bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon oil with lemon juice, cumin, salt and cayenne, if using. Stir into salad. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- 4If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days, then add fresh herbs, if using, just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Vegetable Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.6
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g