Recipe by FrVanilla
Healthy Vegetarian Salad. Perfect for using up your garden veggies. From Plan B Organic Farm. Recipe must be chilled for atleast over night.
Top Review by Prose
This is fresh, delicious, and easy to make. I really enjoyed the combination of flavors. Mint is not something I would have normally added to a lentil dish, but it was perfect. I will definitely make this again!
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint or 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lentils in a large salad bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan set over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and garlic. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeño, pepper and peas. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to lentils.
- In a bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon oil with lemon juice, cumin, salt and cayenne, if using. Stir into salad. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days, then add fresh herbs, if using, just before serving.