Recipe by Geema
Better than plain potato pancakes...crispy and delicious.
Top Review by chia
these were excellent, crispy and light, not too greasy after i drained them on paper towels and were enjoyeed by all as a side dish to leftover brisket, i served these with apple sauce to keep the meal non dairy.
- 8 ounces yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled
- 8 ounces parsnips, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil, for sauteeing
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Shred the potatoes, carrots and parsnips.
- Roll the vegetables up in a clean kitchen dish towel and squeeze all the moisture out.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour, dill, onions, salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, drop 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake into hot oil.
- Using a spoon, spread to 4 inch rounds.
- Cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked latkes to a baking sheet to keep warm in the oven.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- Serve hot with some sour cream mixed with additional dill and green onions.