Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
OMG-Good! I try to eat meatless meals a lot and this is one of my favorites!!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups zucchini or 3 cups yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 4 ounces mild green chilies, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (packed) or 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (packed)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zuchini and onion and saute until tender,about 4 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup of corn,canned chilies and 1/4 cup cilantro,season filling with salt and pepper.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in chili powder,flour and cumin;stir 30 seconds.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Cook until sauce is thick and bubbling,whisking occasionally,about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheese;whisk until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Mix 3/4 cup sauce into filling.
- Place 1/3 cup filling in center of 1 tortilla;roll up to enclose filling.
- Place enchilada in baking dish,repeating with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce then sprinkle with remaiming 1/2 cup corn and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until heated through,about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cilantro and serve.