Recipe by *Parsley*
This is full of chunky veggies. Stuff a pita with this salad or eat on a bed of fresh salad greens. Prep time does not include hard-boiling the eggs.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This was such an easy and yummy lunch! I scaled the recipe back for one, and it came out just fine (just remember 1/16 of a cup is 1 T!). I used one egg and one egg white instead of two eggs, and at the last moment realized I had forgotten to buy mayonnaise! I subbed in plain fat free yogurt, and since it is fairly liquid I omitted the milk. Perfect! I enjoyed the dill week in this, though I have to admit I missed my usual addition of crunchy pickles and will probably add them next time. Thanks so much for posting! Made for Went to Market Tag.
- 12 large eggs, hardboiled and cooled
- 4 scallions, chopped, white and light green parts
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup coarsley chopped red radish
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2⁄3-1 cup light mayonnaise or 2⁄3-1 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed