Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Chef Felix4067 found this recipe on the Nabisco website in response to my request. I tweaked it just a bit. Sounds weird but give it a try.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 40 saltine crackers
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- MELT margarine in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onion, green peppers and zucchini; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in garlic powder and black pepper.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Place crackers evenly into greased 2-quart baking dish; cover with vegetable mixture.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Stir in cheese; pour over vegetable mixture.
- Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F Bake casserole, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Yum! I have loved this recipe since I found it on the side of a cracker box years ago. Super easy and yummy too!