Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Southern Living; when the garden overflow.
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn
- 1 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute first 3 ingredients in butter in a skillet.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in corn and tomato; cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add salt and pepper, tossing gently.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.
This was so great. Very simply seasoned which allowed the flavor of the fresh vegetables to shine through. My veggie teenager went nuts over this. She wants me to fix this every night. This is a very quick and easy recipe that my whole family loved. Thanks Nurse Di :-)
Nurse Di, this veggie combo was very good! Cut the recipe in half for the two of us, used olive oil instead of butter, personal preference, and had to use frozen corn, too early here for fresh. We also used cayenne pepper for a little zing. It's a keeper, thanks for posting!