During the summer our family eats a lot of salads. I love how refreshing they are and the fact that they are healthy doesn't hurt either. This salad is a meal in itself or could be used as a side dish.
- 4 cups pasta shells, uncooked small
- 2 cups ham, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄2 cups salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Drain and rinse pasta in cold water and let chill.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix remaining salad ingredients and set aside.
- In small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until well blended.
- Add cooked and cooled pasta to salad.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.