Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the June '07 GoodHousekeeping magazine. Simple, healthy, and delicious. I added some alfalfa sprouts to mine and only used half the amount of spinach leaves.
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 2 ounces cooked turkey breast, sliced
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- Stir lemon peel into mayonaisse. Spread on both slices of bread.
- Layer half of spinach leaves, turkey, tomato slices, and remaining spinach leaves on one slice of bread.
- Top with second slice of bread.
This was so fresh tasting and yummy! The lemon really brightened the sandwich up and made it taste like something out of a fancy deli. :) Loved it! Looking forward to eating these for lunch this week - this is a keeper for sure! Thanks for sharing.
Nice combination of flavors. Next time I might increase the mayo a bit, and I like things swimming in sauce. I imagine that this would be even better on toasted Asiago Cheese Bread with garden fresh tomato and perhaps a slice of provolone. Yum! Thanks for posting.
A lovely healthy sandwich & tasty too. I used a dash of lemon dill sauce with the mayo instead of peel & it worked great, never would have though of using turkey & lemon together but it works, thanks!