Recipe by sewlady72245_12800173
My family has been trying to eat better. I am a diabetic and I also had open heart surgery to repair my Mitral Valve a few years ago, so we are trying to use more chicken and turkey in our diet. We really loved turkey burgers that we got in a fast food resturant, be we felt that we could do better at home. The problem was that the turkey burgers were really dry when we tried to make them ourselves. This recipe is the result of a lot of experimenting, until we found a way to make the burgers moister and not so heavy. Bread crumbs and an egg weren't enough so we added the vegetables and that did the trick.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 small bell pepper (red or green)
- 5 medium mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the vegetables very fine, place in a medium bowl. Add the turkey, Worcestershire sauce, egg, bread crumbs and garlic. Mix well so that everything is incorporated. Divide into 6 patties. Place in fridge until ready to cook. Spray grill or skillet (cast iron works really well, but any skillet will do), with cooking spray. Cook patties until the internal temperature reach 165 degrees when a meat thermometer is place in the side of the patty and goes to the middle of the meat. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- Create your burger to your taste and enjoy.