Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Got this great recipe from Kraft. My whole family loves this, especially my DH. Very easy and quick for those busy days.
Top Review by bert
These were lunch yesterday at my daughter's new place. I made everything and took it along with me. We thoroughly enjoyed them with carrot & celery sticks. I did not use bread, we cut buns in half and left them open-faced. Then we sprinkled cheddar cheese and put under the broiler for a few minutes. Delicious! I plan on trying them your way, too. Thanks for a good lunch or snack recipe.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- butter or margarine
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices cheese (Kraft Singles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tuna, mayo, onion, green pepper, and seasonings.
- Cover each of 4 bread slices with tuna mixture, one slice of cheese and second bread slice; spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook in skillet on medium heat until lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted.