Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this great recipe from Kraft. My whole family loves this, especially my DH. Very easy and quick for those busy days.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- butter or margarine
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices cheese (Kraft Singles)
- Mix tuna, mayo, onion, green pepper, and seasonings.
- Cover each of 4 bread slices with tuna mixture, one slice of cheese and second bread slice; spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook in skillet on medium heat until lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted.
These were lunch yesterday at my daughter's new place. I made everything and took it along with me. We thoroughly enjoyed them with carrot & celery sticks. I did not use bread, we cut buns in half and left them open-faced. Then we sprinkled cheddar cheese and put under the broiler for a few minutes. Delicious! I plan on trying them your way, too. Thanks for a good lunch or snack recipe.
I was in the mood for something good and comforting. This was the answer. Like a tuna salad grilled cheese sandwich. My husband and I loved this. We liked the flavor of the oregano and basil with the tuna. Thanks Nurse Di. ;)
These were really good, quick to make up and the kids really liked them. I made them the way the recipe called for, Will be making again.