Recipe by Baby Kato
This sauce is wonderful and keeps well. Lovely on pork chops, ribs, burgers, and pot roast. It is so flavourful. Don't forget to baste often while cooking meat.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
Really good! Didn't expect the dry mustard! I did leave out the green peppers so that I could freeze some though. Had it with tortiologne (sp?) pasta and Recipe #393320 - I spooned it over a piece of cheese bread too! Heavenly...
- 2 onions, medium, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups tomatoes, large, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions and garlic in oil.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for green peppers.
- Boil, stirring often till most of the liquid has evaporated (about 30 minutes).
- Add peppers and continue cooking until sauce has reached thickness you desire.