Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is something I threw together last night. It turned out quite well. Hopefully I can remember all the ingredients. My hubby even ate the yam, which he doesn't usually care for.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 10 baby carrots
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 yam, sliced in 1/4 inch slices, pre-cooked
- salt and pepper
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place filets on foil covered pan and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Lay onion slices, sliced zucchinni, sliced yam, spinach, baby carrots, green onions, green peppers, and any other veggies you may like, over the filets.
- Sprinkle with dill weed. Divide the margarine into quarters and place the dots randomly over the dish.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. You can start checking at 20 minutes. The fish is done when it flakes.
- Note: to precook the yam, I threw it in the microwave for 8 minutes or so. When it was cooked thoroughly, I allowed it to cool enough to handle and then placed on the spinach.
Turned out very very good. My son even ate it, and he hates fish!!
This was VERY GOOD!! My MIL came over for an early dinner today so I made this dish. I was not disappointed. The fish was delicious!! I did leave out the spinach because of the e-coli scare, and the yam because I didn't have one. The vegetables were not cooked for my liking, but DH LOVED them!! MIL loved the dish and asked for the recipe. This is a very tasty recipe with well blended flavors! Thank you for a great fish dish, your PAC Mommy Fall '06.