Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light March 2006
- cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped yellow squash
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 precooked lasagna noodles, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Spoon onion mixture into a large bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash; sauté 4 minutes or until tender and just beginning to brown. Add to onion mixture.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced carrot; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add chopped broccoli; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss well to combine.
- Place flour in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and nutmeg; stir until smooth.
- Stir in spinach.
- Combine cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella; stir well.
- Spread 1/2 cup spinach mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 4 noodles over spinach mixture in dish; top with half of cottage cheese mixture (about 1 1/2 cups), half of vegetable mixture (about 2 1/2 cups), and about 1 cup spinach mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with noodles.
- Spread remaining spinach mixture over noodles; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.