southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a wonderful dish--it tastes great and makes a nice presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the squash thoroughly; cover with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 9 minutes, or until squash is tender but still firm; drain and cool slightly.
- 3Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds, leaving a firm shell.
- 4Combine onion, tomato, green pepper, basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir in cheese.
- 5Place squash shell in a 13x9-inch baking dish; spoon vegetable mixture into shells. Dot with butter and sprinkle with bacon.
- 6Bake uncovered at 400°F for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Stuffed Yellow Squash
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.3
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 357.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g