Recipe by daisygrl64
Carrot and green pepper add color and crunch to these tasty stuffed mushrooms. Great appetizer for any occasion. From Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
Top Review by Sharon123
I made these to take to a Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter's house and everyone loved them! I used 18 large button mushrooms and made a little more stuffing(almost doubled it and had some leftover). Thanks! Daisy! Made for Photo tag.
- 1⁄2 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix, dried crumbly style, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 16 mushrooms, stems removed
- cheese, your favorite (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350*F.
- in small bowl stir together all ingredients except mushrooms.
- stuff each mushroom cap with 1 tablespoon filling.
- place in buttered 13x9 baking pan.
- bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- sprinkle with cheese if desired and bring back to oven until cheese melts.