Garden Spinach Angel Hair Pasta
- Heat olive oil in large kettle or wok over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden. Immediately add anchovies. Using wooden spoon, simultaneously stir and mash them until they "dissolve" into the garlic and oil.
- Add capers and cook one minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Immediately add spinach, tossing continuously until it wilts. If necessary, add a little wine or water to prevent sticking. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 6 minutes). Drain and add directly to spinach mixture. Toss gently to thoroughly coat the spinach with the pasta. Serve straight from the pan, sprinkling Parmesan at the table.
- If you're hesitant about the anchovies - relax! While they're integral to the dish, they do n't make it taste "fishy".