Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe a few years ago, but I cannot recall where. But it's a great light dinner dish for those hot summer nights when you don't feel like cooking or on those evenings when all you want is a refreshing and light meal. But we also have this year-round, and sometimes serving it warm with a bit of diced roasted chicken or proscuitto ham for a more substantial meal.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 3 celery ribs, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 carrots, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 6 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, cook pasta covered in boiling water, for 8 minutes or until limp. Set noodles aside in a colander to allow water to drain.
- Lightly steam all of the vegetables just until they are starting to become tender. Remove them from the heat and let them cool a bit. Place all vegetables in a medium bowl and toss lightly.
- In a separate small bowl, add the oil, cheese, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the oil mixture to the vegetables and toss gently until vegetables are well coated with the oil mixture.
- To serve, place pasta on each individual plate, and top with the vegetables. Sprinkle the top with shredded mozzarella. Serve either slightly warm, or if you prefer a refreshing cool meal then let the vegetables and pasta cool completely.
My DH and I both loved this, but I have to admit I did change it a little. I roasted all the veggies for about 1/2 hr. at 400*F. And I forgot to add the mozzerella at the end, and I'm sure that would make it even better! Thanks! Made for PRMR.
I made this again using spaghetti squash instead of pasta, steaming the veggies this time, and added the mozzarella and enjoyed it alot.
We loved this recipe. I served it with Tofu spaghetti and cleaned the fridge for the veggies. I was half way through dinner when I realized that I hadn't taken a photo so thats why the messy plate. I added a Jalapeno and didn't have any black olives. I stir fried all the veggies adding peppers and zucchini near the end so they still stayed crisp. It is a do again recipe for sure!
A wonderfully flavourome and healthy pasta dish. I used mushrooms instead of celery (personal taste preference), added some thyme - and like Sharon123 - I first roasted the vegetables, drizzled with a little olive oil. Roasting vegetables always gives them such a rich flavour. I used kalamata olives: SO much more flavoursome than other varieties. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly and we were certainly pleased that the quantity provided us with enough for another meal. We ate ours warm, and although I'm sure this dish would still be very tasty at room temperature, I believe our choice would always be to eat it warm. I'm looking forward to making this again with some roasted root vegetables among the vegetables included. Great recipe! :) Thanks for sharing it!