Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A bountiful, beautiful, delicious dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced zucchini (I use tiny ones)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces cooked and drained hot spaghetti
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Cook the first 4 ingredients, stirring until crisp tender.
- Stir in remaining vegetables and spices.
- Cook until hot.
- Serve over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.
Yum! My husband and I liked this a lot, and it was very easy to make. I like my spaghetti a little saucy, so I used two cans of Hunt's 'diced tomatoes in sauce' instead of the plain diced tomatoes. This is a great way to sneak in lots of healthy vegetables into a meal.
A very beautiful and delicious recipe but a little bland. The taste of the garlic, olive oil and fresh vegetables is wonderful but I had to add a little salt to mine. Just my personal preference. I think alot of people would just appreciate this dish that way it is with all of the great fresh and natural flavors.