I made this soup as a second course for a thanksgiving dinner. You may make it the day before, cover and refrigerate, then just heat before serving. I find this soup a bit mild so when I make it I use 1 tsp curry, 2 small hot peppers finely chopped and 1 tbsp of roasted garlic granules. I omit the cream all together Be sure to puree the soup well so it has a really smooth texture
- In a large saucepan combine onion, celery, potatoe, cucumber, apple and chicken stock;
- Bring to a boil Reduce heat cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until veggies have softened.
- In batches, puree in blender or food processor
- Return mixture to the saucepan
- Stir in milk (cream), curry powder, salt & pepper to taste
- Heat until very hot; taste and adjust seasoning.