Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this soup as a second course for a thanksgiving dinner. You may make it the day before, cover and refrigerate, then just heat before serving. I find this soup a bit mild so when I make it I use 1 tsp curry, 2 small hot peppers finely chopped and 1 tbsp of roasted garlic granules. I omit the cream all together Be sure to puree the soup well so it has a really smooth texture
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan combine onion, celery, potatoe, cucumber, apple and chicken stock;
- Bring to a boil Reduce heat cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until veggies have softened.
- In batches, puree in blender or food processor
- Return mixture to the saucepan
- Stir in milk (cream), curry powder, salt & pepper to taste
- Heat until very hot; taste and adjust seasoning.
I made this last night using veg stock (for my vegetarian daughter) and we all loved it. I've never had cukes in soup like this. Thanks for posting. Di ;-)
Excellent recipe! I didn't have any hot peppers, wish I had tho, what a treat! I added 1tsp crushed garlic, 1tsp salt & 1/2tsp pepper and FAT FREE half & half. I also dlbd the recipe as we are a family of 5. Perfect serving size considering the hubby refilled 4Xs! I'd recommend sourdough rolls or Chicken in a Biskit Crackers w/this recipe. Good Eats! Thank you for posting.
This is a great soup. I made it for a meatless meal at church and everyone raved on it. Thanks for a great soup!