Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice summer side dish to make with your homegrown produce. Cucumbers are quite good cooked.
- 2 tablespoons butter, can use olive oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, large dice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter; add cucumber and onion slices and saute about 5 minutes or until they are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, just until tomatoes are heated through.
- Sprinkle with dill weed and serve.
Unique & nice change from cold cucumber/tomatoe mixtures. Just the right balance of vinegar & sugar for a tasty dish. Thanks for sharing.