Recipe by Halcyon Eve
From Light & Tasty; cook time is chill time. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds like a delicious alternative to my regular pasta salad!
Top Review by Sharon123
Yummy salad! I halved the recipe and used green bell pepper instead of red, cause that's all I had. I enjoyed this salad without the sugar that's usually in dressing for macaroni salad. Thank you H-ko!
- 8 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, peas, celery, red pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, basil, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.