Recipe by breezermom
How many times have I found myself the owner of a hodge-podge of vegetables....a little bit of this and a little bit of that? Usually I throw the bits and pieces into a soup, or end up making vegetable stock. But this time, I had guests, and had to feed them breakfast....so I ended up with this, served with Canadian Bacon and Toast! Feel free to change out the veggies, using what you have! **If you find yourself the proud owner of some leftover roasted veggies...just heat them up and use those and skip the first step...they work wonderfully!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was absolutely delicious, and a fantastic way to use up some of summer's garden bounty. I made this almost exactly as posted; I didn't have asparagus, and it's out of season here, so it's just too expensive to buy ($4.99 a pound!). I subbed some broccoli fresh from the farm. I also used 6 eggs, since there appeared to be a lot of veggies. We really enjoy the seasoning of this recipe, although I was a little hesitant about the savory at first. I used Swiss cheese. I also just added the eggs to the cooked veggies and scrambled them altogether. I will definitely be making this again! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, preferably tips or butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory, dried
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup gruyere or 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the first 5 ingredients in 2 tbsp butter in a killet over medium heat, stirring constantly until tender. Set aside; keep warm.
- Combine eggs, milk, basil, and savory; beat with a wire whisk until blended. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add egg mixture, and cook over medium-low heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom. Draw a spatula across the bottom of the pan to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are firm but still moist -- do not stir constantly! Gently stir in reserved sauteed vegetables into egg mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.