Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Beefsteak tomatoes topped with spinach and my take on shrimp scampi, Hidden Valley Ranch style, and crowned with a delicious seasoned panko mixture.
- 8 slices beefsteak tomatoes, about 1/4 inch thick each
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives (for garnish)
- cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray (if using).
- Line eight slices of beefsteak tomato on the pan. Using one teaspoon of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix, sprinkle over the tops of the tomato slices to season.
- In a medium skillet, add one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shallot and cook for three minutes until softened. Add the spinach and one teaspoon of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix. Wilt for 30 seconds and immediately remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Toss 2 1/2 tablespoons of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix with the shrimp.
- Add ½ tablespoon of the olive oil to the pan along with the shrimp. Sauté for only about a minute until the shrimp begins to turn pink (as you are finishing them in the oven); remove the shrimp and deglaze the pan with the lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, add the Panko and the rest of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix along with the rest of the olive oil. Toss until the bread crumbs are coated. Add the juices from the sauté pan and mix well.
- Top tomatoes with the shallot/spinach, evenly divided; top each tomato slice with two shrimp. Evenly distribute the bread crumb mixture between the tomatoes.
- Bake for four minutes.
- Turn on broiler. Broil for one minute (more or less) until the bread crumbs are browned to your liking.
- Top with fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.