Recipe by dogdays1
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Beefsteak tomatoes topped with spinach and my take on shrimp scampi, Hidden Valley Ranch style, and crowned with a delicious seasoned panko mixture.
- 8 slices beefsteak tomatoes, about 1/4 inch thick each
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives (for garnish)
- cooking spray (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray (if using).
- Line eight slices of beefsteak tomato on the pan. Using one teaspoon of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix, sprinkle over the tops of the tomato slices to season.
- In a medium skillet, add one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shallot and cook for three minutes until softened. Add the spinach and one teaspoon of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix. Wilt for 30 seconds and immediately remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Toss 2 1/2 tablespoons of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix with the shrimp.
- Add ½ tablespoon of the olive oil to the pan along with the shrimp. Sauté for only about a minute until the shrimp begins to turn pink (as you are finishing them in the oven); remove the shrimp and deglaze the pan with the lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, add the Panko and the rest of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix along with the rest of the olive oil. Toss until the bread crumbs are coated. Add the juices from the sauté pan and mix well.
- Top tomatoes with the shallot/spinach, evenly divided; top each tomato slice with two shrimp. Evenly distribute the bread crumb mixture between the tomatoes.
- Bake for four minutes.
- Turn on broiler. Broil for one minute (more or less) until the bread crumbs are browned to your liking.
- Top with fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.