Prep 30 mins
Cook 48 hrs
yet to try
- 4 oranges, sliced
- 1 gallon dry white wine
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 cups brandy
- 2 bunches lemon verbena (or any combination of mint, lemon balm, and pineapple sage)
- fresh seasonal fruit (such as, seedless grapes, apple slices, pear slices, and soft fruits such as strawberries, peaches,)
- Place oranges, wine, orange liqueur, brandy, and fresh herb sprigs in a large glass container; cover and refrigerate overnight or for several days.
- Four to six hours before serving, add the chopped firmer fruits, and the sliced lemons and limes.
- Pour sangria into a glass pitcher, adding freshly sliced seasonal fruit; replace the herb sprigs with fresh ones, since they will have discolored.
- Add frozen fruit just prior to a serving, as it will keep it chilled.
- Pour sangria into long-stemmed glasses with a splash of club soda or champagne and add a fresh herb sprig.