Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I threw this together last minute to enter in the local county fair. And it won 1st place and Champion best in class. You can adjust the peppers to suit your own taste for heat. As published, it is pretty mild. It is a cooked salsa and best if processed and allowed to sit for a few weeks before enjoying.
- 90 ounces diced tomatoes, seeds removed
- 2 cups diced sweet onions
- 1 cup diced jalapeno
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1⁄8 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a non reactive stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Process in a water bath canner for 15 minutes after water returns to a boil.