Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the "Food Processor" section of a June 1987 issue of Bon Appetit. It's made to be served with Mexican Baked Eggs With Cheese and Bell Peppers,but would be equally good with tortilla chips as a dip. For less heat, seed and devein the jalapeno.
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, stemmed
- 15 small radishes, halved (8 oz. )
- 4 ounces red onions, quartered
- 6 ounces red bell peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Using the steel knife, pllace cilantro in work bowl of food processor.
- With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube and mince.
- Add redishes and onion and chop using about 6 on/off turns.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until vegetables are coarsely chopped using about 10 on/off turns; do not overprocess mixture.