Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crisp, Fresh, Tangy and Sweet is this Boston leaf lettuce topped with cucumbers, red peppers, scallions and raspberries with a raspberry dressing. Grilled chicken slices on this would be great.
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 head boston lettuce, washed and spun
- 1 hot house cucumber, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 scallion, sliced
- blue cheese (optional)
- pine nuts (optional)
- Place the first 5 dressing ingredients in a blender and blend to mix. Slowly add oil blending till thick add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a chilled bowl place torn lettuce leaves topping with remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing over.
- Top with optional cheese and nuts.
Yummy salad indeed. I did add a few blueberries to the salad, as I am silly like that. I really enjoyed the cukes in this salad which was surprising because I never thought to put them in a salad with the fruit like this. I used fresh raspberry jam from my dear Aunt Anna (which is a treat in itself). I also used a Meyer lemon. I wasn't so much digging the ginger in the dressing, but that's OK. Thanks for a great salad!
I fiddled with the proportions of the dressing ingredients a bit. Was not sure how much lemon juice to use, so I used the juice of one small lemon. I also wanted a sweeter dressing so I added about a tablespoon of Lyle's golden syrup. I had store bought raspberry jan on hand and used that, but will make this again later this summer after I've made raspberry freezer jam. It will be absolutely outstanding with the fresh taste of freezer jam, and a more vibrant, pretty color than cooked jam produces. Also, if using freezer jam, since it's so sweet I won't need to add any additional sweetener. I really like this dressing recipe. It would taste great on spinach salad too, and would be good on beets. yum.