Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A basic garden salad- you can vary the quantities used as desired. Serve the salad in one large bowl or as a side to a meal. Serve the dressing seperately and everyone can add their own. The dressing makes 1 1/2 cups.
- 6 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut in rings
- 1 red bell peppers (capsicum) or 1 green bell pepper, cut in slices (capsicum)
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, halved or 3 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
Italian Salad Drssing
- 118.29 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml light olive oil (use a good quality oil)
- 1 small white onion, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped finely (capsicum)
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Toss salad ingredients to combine.
- For the dressing- Place ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Serve the salad in one large bowl or as a side to a meal.
- Add desired amount of dressing.
Good dressing, tangy. Letting it set overnight the other ingredients infuses with the vinegar and oil and makes an excellent dressing, very flavorful. Easy salad to make, left out the celery. Thank You. Made for ZWT~Emerald City Shakers
A nice salad - my husband really enjoyed the large pieces of veggies on top. For ZWT7 silverados.
This is a really refreshing salad. The dressing is really nice. I thought it was great to add chopped red bell peppers to the dressing! Made for ZWT 7 - Golden Gourmets. Gratze!