Recipe by Sue Lau
A fresh salad with lots of good toppings on it, all of my favorites. Nice enough to serve to guests, and simple enough to serve every day.
Top Review by bluemooner
This salad is amazing! I wouldn't change a thing. The dressing is superb and the ingredients all go together perfectly. A great recipe to bring to a barbeque or pot luck dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 cups mixed baby greens or 5 cups mesclun
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar and oil and add salt, pepper and mustard until it is well blended.
- Toss with the baby greens or mesclun until the leaves are nicely coated.
- Toss again with the tomatoes.
- Place salad portions in bowls, garnish with a small amount of red onion, sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pine nuts, and dried cranberries; serve.