Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fresh salad with lots of good toppings on it, all of my favorites. Nice enough to serve to guests, and simple enough to serve every day.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 cups mixed baby greens or 5 cups mesclun
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk together vinegar and oil and add salt, pepper and mustard until it is well blended.
- Toss with the baby greens or mesclun until the leaves are nicely coated.
- Toss again with the tomatoes.
- Place salad portions in bowls, garnish with a small amount of red onion, sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pine nuts, and dried cranberries; serve.
This salad is amazing! I wouldn't change a thing. The dressing is superb and the ingredients all go together perfectly. A great recipe to bring to a barbeque or pot luck dinner.
Great salad with very nice toppings on it. Will make again soon. Thanks for posting..
I made this salad for Easter and everyone enjoyed it. It was very easy to make and it tasted just fabulous. We will be having it often. Thanks for posting.