Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can vary this dish according to what fruits and vegetables are at their peak. This salad was created by Walt Disney World Chef Keith Keogh and is a popular attraction on the menu at the Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot Center. Taken from the "Quick and Healthy Low Fat Cooking" cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cantaloupe, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup broccoli floret (small)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups cantaloupe (cubes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries (halved)
- 8 red radishes, julienned
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- To make dressing: In a blender, process the cantaloupe, water, honey, ginger and vinegar until smooth.
- To make the salad: Steam the broccoli, snow peas and carrots for about 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a large plate and spread out in a thin layer.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until cold; do not let the vegetables freeze.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the cantaloupe, strawberries and radishes; toss well.
- Divide the spinach among individual plates.
- Top with the salad.
- Drizzle with the dressing.