Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Right out of the garden and into a refreshing salad. Fresh lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and basil. With an Asian touch.
- 1 cucumber, large diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 scallion, diced
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 4 -10 basil leaves
- sesame seeds, toasted garnish
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss 2 teaspoons of mixture into lettuce and basil.
- Place lettuce on 4 plates.
- Mix together cucumber,tomato, scallion toss in dressing.
- Place on top of greens.
- Garnish with seeds.
This salad went perfectly with my grilled tuna steak. I loved the mix of flavors along with the crunch. It made a pretty presentation and tasted as good as it looks! Will make many times, because DH and I loved it so much. Thanks for sharing!
I added diced radishes to the vegetable mix, but it's really the dressing that makes this salad. The combination of ginger and basil is a winner!
Made this as is without any changes and it was fantastic. Very refreshing and different.