Recipe by PanNan
Top Review by diner524
Just loved this salad!! I loved all the crunchy textures with all the veggies, and then, being a lemon lover, just loved the vinaigrette!! I cleaned and chopped up all my veggies and made the dressing in the morning. Then I put all the veggies out, along with the dressing, cheese & olives (in separate bowls) and then everyone could pick and choose what was on/in their salads. We enjoyed this as a side to our spaghetti & meatballs and garlic bread. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cucumbers, diced (preferably European long cucumber)
- 1 red onion, quartered and sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color, your preference)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the romaine, vegetables, herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, wine vinegar, lemon juice and tarragon and whisk briskly to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add to the salad and toss lightly to coat.
- If desired, top with feta cheese and black olives and serve.