Recipe by That is Dr House to you
A Toss salad without the wash up bowls and forks. From Vegetarian Times
Top Review by threeovens
What a great idea for a portable salad. These would be welcome on any buffet table or at the weekend BBQ. These could be made ahead, and the cucumber cups filled at the last minute.
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes or 1 cup diced garden tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional) or 6 tablespoons grated vegan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic dressing or 1⁄4 cup favorite salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small minced onion (optional)
- 3 cucumbers, see note
- salt or lemon pepper Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cucumbers into 1 inch disks.
- Toss all except 2 tbsp cheese, the dressing and cucumbers in a large bowl and season to taste. Chill until ready to fill cups.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp from center of each disk with melon baller leaving sides and bottom intact.
- Fill with about a tbsp of salad mix and top with remaining cheese if using.
- Serve immed.
- Note: It is a forgiving recipe. I omitted the basil, used Lemon Pepper Mrs Dash. My dressing was a Sweet and Sour Cherry poppy seed dressing. I added a small onion [I mean baby size] You can play with this recipe and your ingredients and it works well. Use garden fresh veggies for the best taste.
- Note servings are not the number of cucumbers this makes. It should be about 36 cucumber slices.