Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great served over wild rice
- 2 lbs sea bass, fillets or 2 lbs steaks
- 2 tomatoes, medium,thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, small,thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped 1 teaspoon garlic,minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease the baking dish with oil and place the fish fillets or steaks in the prepared dish, sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the top.
- Place the tomato and cucumber slices on top and set them aside.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add the onion, green pepper, and minced garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, but not soft or brown.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat and stir in the parsley, wine, lemon juice, and marjoram.
- Spoon the mixture over the fish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Very good, great flavor,I followed the recipe exactly except didn't have any cucumbers on had so I left them out. Thanks for sharing, will definately make again. Jenn
This is fabulous and simple. I have prepared several kinds of fish using this recipe and enjoyed it very much. I especially enjoyed that having prepared the entree all I really needed to do was cook a pot of rice or noodles as there are plenty of veggies included.
Delicious! I served this over rice pilaf. The flavors were great, yet subtle. My husband said all it needed was an expensive price tag and it would be restaurant quality!