Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice side dish during the summer months when the squash and pepper are fresh.
Make and share this Garden Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, cubed
- 1 lb yellow squash, cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Saute the onions, bell pepper, zucchini, and squash in 4 tablespoons of the margarine until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the corn, seasonings, and cheese. Combine ingredients well and heat until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, pour 2 tablespoons melted margarine over cooked rice and toss lightly.
- Once the cheese has melted in the vegetable mixtured, add vegetables to rice and toss again.
- Place in a 9x13 inch casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooing spray. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.