Mary in LA.'s Note:
I got this recipe from a Hilda.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated 9 inch pie shell, prepared according to the package for a single crust
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup pre-washed broccoli floret, fresh
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Bake pie crust for 7 minutes.
- 3Evenly layer the bottom of the pie crust with peppers, broccoli florets,onions,mushrooms and sharp cheese.
- 4In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add in milk,salt,black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- 5Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- 6Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 7You can use a knife to insert into it and if it comes out clean it is done.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 146.8 mg
- Sodium 490.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g