Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An excellent lunch or those weekend meals - everyone will enjoy them!!
- 5 tortillas
- 2 small bell peppers, cut into thin strips (red and or or green)
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin 1-inch long strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, fat-free
- salsa (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sweet peppers, and onion in 1 teaspoons of the oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in cilantro. Set vegetables aside.
- Spread cream cheese over half of 1 side of each tortilla. Top with pepper mixture. Fold tortilla in half over peppers, pressing gently.
- Place tortillas on an ungreased, large baking sheet. Brush tortillas with the remaining oil. Bake in a 425F oven for 5 minutes. Cut each quesadilla in 4 wedges. Serve warm. If desired, pass the salsa!