Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Simple and Delicious - boy I love this magazine! Submitted by T. Perrault. I love how she combined cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini within this recipe. Just a lovely combination. Feel free to use already prepared Alfredo sauce or your own recipe for Alfredo sauce. I made this once as a side dish and realized it makes a large amount, so then the next time I added some cooked chicken to make it a main meal. Serve with crusty bread and you are done!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower floret
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 small red pepper, julienned
- 1 small summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- shredded parmesan cheese, to taste for topping
- In a large saucepan, cook fettuccine according to the package directions.
- Add vegetables during the last 4 minutes of cooking pasta.
- Drain and return all to the pan.
- Add Alfredo sauce and basil, tossing to coat.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to your taste right before serving.
Great meal! I used Ragu light Alfredo and added everything except the cauliflower. I also added garlic and mushrooms. I highly recommend adding the garlic! This makes a wonderful weeknight meal because it comes together so fast and easy! Thanks so much for a great recipe!! P.S. Having leftovers tomorrow with some rotisserie chicken added. Can't wait!!
Delish! We loved this great fettuccine. I made it as directed with a jarred alfredo sauce and added a handful of quartered mushrooms and some leftover chicken. So simple and so good. Thanks HokiesLady for another great keeper. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2013 tag game and I am soooo glad I did! I did cut this in half and added some sliced mushrooms, garlic and at the last minute I added some pre-cooked shrimp (to warm up). So easy and quick definately a keeper. Thank you for posting.