Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Low-fat cottage cheese is the secret to the dressing in this low fat and saturated fat, low cholesterol, low sodium mixture of vegetables and herbs. Cook time is chill time. Calories: 109 Fat: 0.3 g Carbohydrates: 24 g Protein: 4 g
- 3 lbs potatoes, boiled in jackets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 large)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, place potatoes, celery, green onion, and parsley.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seed, dill weed, dry mustard, and white pepper until smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
- Pour chilled cottage cheese mixture over vegetables; mix well. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.