Recipe by WhoKnew?
A non-mayonnaise recipe, this is a nice change of pace for potato salad. The dressing is tangy and a little zippy with the taste of Dijon mustard and a dash of pepper sauce. Lovely for a BBQ, picnic, or potluck--cook time is chill time in refrigerator.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, halved (do not use canned beans)
- 10 -20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water for 8 minutes.
- Add green beans and return to boil.
- Cook 5 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp and potatoes are tender.
- Drain & cool.
- Place in large bowl; add tomatoes and onion.
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour over salad & toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve--salad should be served cold.