From Cook's Country
Make and share this Garden Potato and Green Bean Salad Du Jardin recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 8 ounces green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- Whisk oil, vinegar, orange juice, mustard, shallot, orange zest and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing in measuring cup.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in large sauce pan. Add green beans and salt. Cook uncovered, until green beans are slightly tender but still crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer beans to plate lined with paper towels to drain briefly, then add to bowl with dressing. Toss to coat.
- Add potatoes to still simmering water. Bring back to a boil and cook until paring knife can be inserted into potatoes with no resistance, 7 to 10 minutes. Using slotted spoons transfer potatoes to colander and drain briefly. Add hot potatoes to bowl with beans and dressing.
- Add parsley, chives and tarragon and reserved dressing to bowl. Toss gently to combine and serve.