Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a version of Zuchinironi by Rachel Ray on the Food Network. I have added more veggies and cut out more fat from the original recipe. I love this pizza and I can't stand zuchini any other way. I never liked traditional pizza, now I crave this. My husband is an Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza fan. I have now converted him as well!
- 1⁄2 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 dash olive oil
- pizza seasoning (contains oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes)
- 1 -2 piece roasted sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce or 2 tablespoons pizza sauce (optional)
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- 1 cup soy mozzarella cheese
- afghan flat bread (or other ready made crust)
- Drizzle a small amount of oil on the sliced zuchini.
- Coat well.
- Sprinkle with pizza seasonings.
- Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor add the roasted sweet red bell peppers and the spaghetti sauce.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread tha sauce on the pizza crust.
- Add the veggies.
- Other veggies could be added at this time, such as onions, jalapenos, etc.
- Make sure the zuchini do not overlap each other or they tend not to cook as well.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Veggie shreds is a lowfat alternative to regular cheese.
- It melts beautifully and tastes like regular mozzarella.
- Cook as directed on the pizza crust package.