denise autrey's Note:
This is a version of Zuchinironi by Rachel Ray on the Food Network. I have added more veggies and cut out more fat from the original recipe. I love this pizza and I can't stand zuchini any other way. I never liked traditional pizza, now I crave this. My husband is an Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza fan. I have now converted him as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 dash olive oil
- pizza seasoning (contains oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes)
- 1 -2 piece roasted sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce or 2 tablespoons pizza sauce (optional)
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- 1 cup soy mozzarella cheese
- afghan flat bread (or other ready made crust)
- 1Drizzle a small amount of oil on the sliced zuchini.
- 2Coat well.
- 3Sprinkle with pizza seasonings.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a blender or food processor add the roasted sweet red bell peppers and the spaghetti sauce.
- 6Blend until smooth.
- 7Spread tha sauce on the pizza crust.
- 8Add the veggies.
- 9Other veggies could be added at this time, such as onions, jalapenos, etc.
- 10Make sure the zuchini do not overlap each other or they tend not to cook as well.
- 11Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 12Veggie shreds is a lowfat alternative to regular cheese.
- 13It melts beautifully and tastes like regular mozzarella.
- 14Cook as directed on the pizza crust package.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for garden pizza
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted sweet red peppers
soy mozzarella cheese