Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
Found this recipe, when looking for something to do with pita bread. This is a low-fat easy lunch for one, and pretty tasty too. I really like pita bread pizzas. From Fabulous Fat-Free Cooking.
Top Review by I'mPat
I doubled the recipe to make one each for the DM and I and anything that has heaps of vegies (I used more zucchini and mushrooms than was called for) and she is declaring yummy has got to be 5 stars. Thank you TheGrumpyChef, made for Healthy Choices.
- 1⁄3 cup button mushroom, thinly slice
- 1⁄3 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 fat-free whole wheat pita bread, 6-in diameter
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, slivered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fat-free parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the mushrooms and zucchini in a large no-stick skillet, and coat with no-stick spray.
- Cover and cook over med-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms start to release their juice.
- Remove the cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes, or until the mushrooms and zucchini are golden.
- Stir in the garlic powder and 2 tbsp tomato sauce. Set aside.
- Place the pita bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 minute to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and spread remaining tomato sauce.
- Spoon on mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle the scallions, basil, oregano, olives, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.